Wednesday 21 November 2012

Is Beachbody Fitness for You?

I think it's pretty safe to say that we all want to be fit and healthy. We want to feel good in our own skin, and we want to enjoy an abundance of energy.

However, finding the Holy Grail of "Holy Crap You Look Good" is easier said than done.  If you take a look around any mall or restaurant you will notice that there are a fair number of people out there who are packing more pounds than they should.

And I get that.  For years I too carried a few extra pounds on my arse and belly.  I got sucked into the world of stress eating, turning to food to comfort me when times were tough.  I convinced myself that I wasn't one of those people, you know, the ones who had ripped abs and toned arms.

Those people were just lucky.

So I continued to eat nacho's on Friday night, ice cream on Saturday, and pizza on Sunday, convinced that I was eating healthy.  I plugged bread and pasta into my mouth on a daily basis, and never thought much of eating boxed food, because it had a green check mark on it.

And yet, between croissants and chips I continually despaired that I couldn't seem to lose the weight! What was I doing wrong? I was eating healthy....most of the time!

Well, here's the deal.  I hadn't gotten to that point where I was being real with myself.  Truly, and utterly REAL.

I let myself believe what I wanted to believe, because it was easier that way.  What? Cut out processed foods and sugar from my diet? Are you kidding me?  Seriously?  Do significantly tough workouts almost daily?  Are you nuts!

I was poking my head up somewhere where it's nice and warm and dark, and wasn't facing the fact that if I truly and seriously did want to get healthy, I was going to have to work for it.

I was going to have to cut some crap, okay a lot of crap from my diet.

I was going to have to do workouts that made me sweat and huff and puff, and do them regularly.

I was going to have to make a commitment to put the effort into this that success required.

For years I had always believed that people with ripped abs and toned bodies were lucky. It was pure genetics. I didn't actually think they worked for it, nor did I believe that it was something that I could accomplish.

But here's the deal.  It is.  Sure, I haven't built my 6 pack yet, but after doing these Beachbody programs I look 100% better than I did before.  My mid-section is slimmer and more toned.  My arms don't look like spaghetti noodles, and my arse isn't bulging out of my jeans like a sausage factory!  I feel better, I'm happier, and way more confident too!

So maybe you're at the point where you're really and truly hating the place you're at right now.  Maybe you're sick of bulging out of your jeans.  Maybe you can't face a mirror another day.  And just maybe you are like I was, convinced that you couldn't possibly handle a Beachbody workout program, because you're just not in shape. Maybe you're convinced that you will never achieve your goals so why bother trying.

Here's the deal.  The answer is yes.  Yes you can handle a Beachbody workout!  Sure, it might be tough, but that doesn't mean you can't do it!  We all struggle at this stuff, but it doesn't mean we don't see results.

And yes, you can cut crap from your diet and survive.  Your body will not crumble into dust if you stop putting brown sugar on your oatmeal and a mountain of cheese on your eggs.  You can do it too.

And yes, once you get real with yourself and make that commitment to yourself to invest in your future, you will see results.  It might take a day or two, or even a month or 2, but it will happen.  Slowly but surely.

Invest in yourself.

You are worth it.

If you are ready to get in the best shape of your life, click here to join my team and receive a free copy of my ebook, THE PLAN!!

Top image courtesy of Freedigitalphotos.net


No comments:

Post a Comment