ODE TO JENNY: PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO!!
I have a friend named Jenny. We met in the fall when we were both doing Insanity. Jenny is a great gal, and she had some amazing results with the Insanity program, but alas, life got in the way and she fell off the wagon.
This blog is my Ode to Jenny.
I've been there. Oh, how I've been there.
But there are a few things you need to remember. First of all--we ALL fall off the wagon at some point. It's called being human. And rather than spending the next 2 weeks beating yourself up for being weak, make a plan to get back on track and rock that workout like you usually do.
So, Jenny, if you're sitting at home feeling all down because you've lost that loving feeling, do not despair!! Zarno and the gang are here waiting for you and KNOW that you can do it!! So, here are a few tips/thoughts about this whole 'falling off the wagon' bit.
1) First and foremost, it is important to FORGIVE yourself!! Unless you are the Bionic woman (and yes, I'm old enough to know who that is), you are human and life happens! You aren't a robot, so it's okay to not be perfect all the time. And the way I see it, perfection is highly overrated. Some of the best times I've had is when I'm NOT perfect. You're GOOD!!
2) No matter how long you fall off that wagon for, it will ALWAYS stick around and wait for you to jump back on again! That is the beauty of the wagon. It is as loyal and faithful as an old dog. So just know, that when you are ready to get rolling again, the wagon will be there waiting for you to hop back on, and get your sweat on again.
3) It can be done! Sure, your first workouts might suck a bit--but that doesn't mean they will always suck. Pick your favorite workouts and spend a week doing those. Do workouts that aren't going to make you want to barf, but instead get you enthused about working out again. Before you know it, your body will start to remember that fantastic feeling of having completed a great power session, and you can celebrate a job well done.
4) Throw the crap out! If you still have chips and garbage in your house--get rid of it!! The act of getting rid of that stuff will in itself be liberating and feel wonderful!
5) Make a plan. Take a few minutes to sit down and write down your thoughts about this whole journey.....why you fell off the wagon, how you're feeling, how you want to feel, and how you're going to achieve that. This will help you feel more in control of the situation.
6) Get off your ass. Yes, I said it. Get off your ass and just do something. You will feel better for it. And you will thank me later!
So there you have it, folks!! I think that a lot of us have likely fallen off the wagon lately, with Christmas, flu season, and general life business. It's okay. Don't worry--just get back on!! What are you waiting for!!
And, if you are looking for a supportive team to connect with as you go on your health and weight loss journey, look no further! I have a fantastic discussion thread on the go and I would LOVE to have you on board!
Click here to sign up for my FREE coaching team and to receive your free ebook, THE PLAN.
Then click here to join my discussion thread. We're waiting for you!!
And that means YOU, Jenny!! :)
Images courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net (Master Isolated Images)